Friday, March 4, 2011

Rando

Today was my Dads last day at the assisted living facility where we work togther and as I watched him clock out and walk out for the last time I couldn’t help but start to reflect on the man I call Dad.  My father Randy is not only physically strong but mentally as well. I absolutely love how he treats my mother. He buys flowers on all the correct dates and for no reason. He loves her without fail all day everyday. He calls to tell her how is day was even if he knows he is going to see her in a few short hours. He buys her all things she needs and wants and more. He takes time out of his busy and stressful days to make sure she knows how much he not only loves but adore her. My father also provides in fun and important ways for me. He has set the standards high for my future husband. My father takes me to lunch on my days off and will sit and talk with me for hours. When we worked together he would go and buy me lunch without any hints from me.  When I was a kid he would take me on father daughter dates to Rockies games, movies, dinner and other places.  And after school every once in while he would take my brother and I to get ice cream. Back in January he bought a house here in Lafayette, put a good chunk of money into remodeling it so that two of my friends and I could live in and rent it from him.  He volunteers every Sunday at church. He is involved in many incredible organizations. He protects me from things I need to be protected from. He has instilled the morals I have, he taught me how to shoot a gun. And even bought me pink gun for my 21st birthday.  He scares off potential boyfriends. He fills up my gas tank because he knows I forget often. He washes my car when its been months since he last had because I pay no attention to how dirty my car gets.  He loves Jesus and isn’t ashamed to tell you. My daddy is incredible. I am so blessed to be his daughter and to have him love me enough to punish me when I’m wrong and support me through it all. I was even more blessed to have worked with him for three years and so sad to no longer have that privilege.  I love you Rando.

No comments:

Post a Comment