Monday, August 16, 2010

meeting Troy Tulowitzki

I have a slight obsession with Troy Tulowitski; he plays for the Colorado Rockies. He’s super hot. And I love him. Last summer I went to a game with some friends, and I decided to make a sign to help move things along with him. So I made a sign that said “hey Tulo….call me….303********” but instead of stars I put my actual number. So while he was warming up my friends and I went down to watch and I of course brought my sign. I was literally 5 feet from him, he and all his teammates saw it, laughed and continued on warming up. Mean while I get put on the jumbotron and on the local news stations. So as you can imagine the calls came flooding in, terrible idea. I got weird text messages, voicemails and pictures. One guy in the middle of the game called and claimed to be him, clearly not the real Troy.




A couple of weeks later I went to another game with some different friends. And chose not to bring the sign, a wise choice if I may say so my self. After the game we went down town for food and drinks. After eating we starting our 15 minute walk back to the car about 5 minutes into the walk we see this really cool old mustang start coming our way so we all stop and stair, mid stair I realize who is driving the car….so I scream “OH MY GOSH ITS TRULO!!!” yes I yelled trulo, I combined Tulo and Troy. So then I decide chasing his car seemed like a good idea, so I run for block or so in my flip flops with my giant purse beating the crap out of me. I catch up to him and we make eye contact, in my excitement/nervousness all I can say is “hi” in the most awkward voice, I sounded like a 14 year old boy going through puberty. He waves and laughs at me. then the light changes and he attempts to drive off but grind his gears, my theory is that he was either A. captivated by my beauty or B. scared I was going to dive into the car. I’m pretty sure it was the first one; he was captivated by my beauty. :)

While I was in Africa this fall he got married, I was crushed. Still am in fact. :)

3 comments:

  1. Mollie!!! I love this! You are just as funny in writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know you, but love the story - i'm a huge Rockies fan and of course a big Tulo fan as well...i bought my kids fish a few weeks ago and one of my daughters decided to call her fish "tulo" without any prompting from me (although my wife thought it was my idea)...i looked at Tristan (my litle girl) and said, "what is his full name, Tulo Fishski" and we both died laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I totally know the feeling. Nick grew up in FL so when we started dating 5 years ago he got me hooked on Gator football. And on Tim Tebow. So on my birthday last month, we were standing outside Cheesecake Factory in Denver when I saw two large men walking up in sportswear. That's why they caught my attention--they were commanding. Then I saw Tim's face and Nick was facing me so he didn't see him. All I could say was "Oh my God, that's Tim Tebow, that's Tim Tebow, that's Tim Tebow, that's Tim Tebow..." and Nick spun around and we caught his attention and said hi to him and Nick told him how much he loved someone who is a Christian making it to the pros. It was amazing. Best. Birthday. Ever.

    ReplyDelete