Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Packing a hospital bag for twins

If you are anything like me and have this need to plan and pack then this post is for you...
I read as many blogs as I could get my hands on about packing a hospital bag for twins but I had to search to the end of the internet for them, sadly there aren't many. The few I found were more overwhelming then anything but I did find some helpful that were written by other twin moms who were going in to be induced with the hopes of a vaginal birth but knew to keep in mind the possibility of a c-section.You will want lose fitting clothing and highwaisted pants just in case you need a c-section so keep that in mind when packing clothes for yourself to leave in. I read to bring black underwear so you don't have to wear the mesh ones they give you, but I freaking loved the mesh undies they give you. and ummm hello  less laundry so why not just use them. I also took home as much as I could as far as the pads and personal care products they give you. Once we got home I started using the  cheap black underwear I got so that I wouldn't ruin my normal stuff. So I packed my bag following their advice, along with the advice of a few friends. Obviously this list can totally be used for a singleton mom as well as only a few items are specific to twin moms.

Here is what I packed that I used...

-Nursing jammies.
the hospital gowns are awful and not very nursing friendly so I got these cheap nightgowns from walmart, they have built in pads, which is super helpful get them HERE. I wore these the entire hospital stay after the babies were born, I never felt exposed but was able to be exposed when the nurses came in for checks, easy access for nursing and lightweight for sleeping. Plus c-section recovery friendly.

-a lightweight robe.
I got mine from pink blush (HERE) it was so nice to have a little something more when people came to visit or if I got cold and for pictures. I lived it for months and still live in it all the time.

-Your pillow from home.
hospital pillows are literally the worst, so bring yours and one for hubby if you are nicer than me and think of him.

-snacks.
my friend suggested this, something salty, something sweet and something hardy. I brought gold fish, sour gummies and trail mix. I only ate the gold fish but was thankful I packed other stuff just in case, plus my hubs ate my trail mix when he was hungry while i was sleeping, saved a trip to the over priced cafeteria

-make up. 
I brought all of mine, used none but wish I would have at least put on mascara and filled my brows for pictures and when people came to visit.

-shower stuff.
I was so thankful to shower with my own stuff, I just felt so refreshed and like myself a little more.

-twin z pillow or whatever pillow you plan on nursing with.
I brought a boppy but honestly wish I would have brought my twin z, it was nice to have something while I figured out nursing but if you plan on tandem nursing you'll want to learn with what you will actually use.

-going home outfits for babies.
These don't have to be anything super fancy just something cute for them to go home in that you will cry every time you see ha!

-Hats and/or bows.
to help people and you see who is who and keep them warm and a little cuter then the ones the hospital give.

-chapstick and nipple cream
your lips and nips will thank you.

And here is the list of stuff I wish I would have brought with me.

-Jammies for babies.
I only brought going home outfits so my poor babies had to wear those awful wrong sized weird straight jacket things under the hospital swaddles.

-cute swaddles.
forgot these too...so every picture of my two they are wrapped in the hospital issued blankets and had to be double swaddled because again I forgot jammies.

-body lotion.
my skin was so dry after delivery and I was dying for some good lotion or a body butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment